Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Happy to Be Me Storytime!



This storytime was a request from one of my preschools, and I love it!

Opening Song: If you’re Happy and You know it! (Clap, Stomp, Shout Hurray)
If you’re Ready for a Story, Clap your hands!
If you’re Ready for a Story, Clap your hands!
If you’re Ready for a Story, If you’re Ready for a Story,
If you’re Ready for a Story, Clap your hands!

Sit Down Song:
The more we read together, together, together
The More we read together, the happier we’ll be,
‘Cause my books are your books and your books are my books,

The More we read together, the happier we’ll be.

Book 1:
Naked Mole Rat Gets Dressed by Mo Willems



Show Me If You Can

Sung to: "Go In and Out The Window"

Where is your finger?
Where is your finger?
Where is your finger?
Show me if you can.
Good, now where's your nose?
Now, where is your nose?
Now, where is your nose?
Show me if you can. (Use other body parts.)

Book Two: I like Myself by Karen Beaumont; Illustrated by David Catrow


I Am Special
Sung to: "Are You Sleeping?"

I am special, I am special,
Look at me, Look at me.
A very special person, A very special person
That is me, That is me.


I am special,
I am special,
Yes I am.
Yes I am.
I'm a really neat kid
And a very sweet kid,
Yes I am,
Yes I am.

Some Little Faces
Sung to: "I'm a Little Teapot"
Some little faces I have seen
Some were sad and some were mean
But the one little face with the smile was the best
That was the happiest of all the rest.

Book Three: I'm Bored by Michael Ian Black; Illustrated by Debbie Ridpath Ohi


Hands On Shoulders
Hands on shoulders, hands on knees,
Hands behind you if you please.
Touch your shoulders, now your nose,
Now your chin and now your toes.
Hands up high in the air,
Down at your sides and touch your hair.
Hands up high as before,
Now clap your hands--one, two, three, four.

Head And Shoulders
Head and shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes, knees and toes,
Head and shoulders, knees and toes,
Eyes, ears, mouth and nose.
Ankles, elbows, feet and seat, feet and seat,
Ankles, elbows, feet and seat, feet and seat,
And hair and hips and chin and cheeks,
Ankles, elbows, feet and seat, feet and seat.
  
Tony Chestnut
Tony Chestnut knows I love you.   Point to your toes, knees, chest, head, nose, eyes, heart and to a friend.
Tony knows.  (Tony knows.) Point to your toes, knees and nose.
Tony Chestnut knows I love you. 
That's what Tony knows.

Tony, Tony and his sister Eileen.  Point to your toes, knees, toes, knees then lean to the right.
And Eileen loves Neil and Neil loves Pat.  Everyone lean to the right, kneel and pat your shoulders.
But Pat still loves Bob. Pat your shoulders and bounce your head back and forth.
And there's Russell and Skip.  Standup, wiggle your legs then skip in place.
This song is silly, but it's hip. Make a silly face then stick out your right hip and point to it.
How it ends, just one man knows. Turn and point to your bottom.
And guess what (what), it's Tony Chestnut.  

Johnny works with One Hammer
1. Johnny works with one hammer,
One hammer, 1 hammer,
Johnny works with 1 hammer,
Then he works with two.
(Hammer one fist lightly on leg)
2. . . . Two hammers
(Hammer both fists on legs)
3. . . . Three hammers
(Hammer both fists on legs and one foot on the floor)
4. . . . Four hammers
(Hammer both fists on legs and both feet on the floor)
5. Johnny works with five hammers,
Five hammers, five hammers,
Johnny works with five hammers
(Hammer both fists on legs, both feet on floor, and nod head down and up)
Then he goes to sleep.
(Rest head on joined palms, pretending to go to sleep)

And finally - Hokey Pokey!

Closing Song: The More We Get Together

Today's Craft:
We're going outside! So we're drawing self-portraits with Sidewalk chalk!

Recommended Reads:
Hello my Name is Bob by Linas Alsenas
I'm Not by Pam Smallcomb and Robert Weinstock






No comments:

Post a Comment