Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Just us Chickens Story Time

In honor of all those Easter Eggs we'll be dying this week...
Opening Song: If you’re Happy and You know it! (Clap, Stomp, Shout Hurray)
If you’re Ready for a Story, Clap your hands!
If you’re Ready for a Story, Clap your hands!
If you’re Ready for a Story, If you’re Ready for a Story,
If you’re Ready for a Story, Clap your hands!

Sit Down Song:
The more we read together, together, together
The More we read together, the happier we’ll be,
‘Cause my books are your books and your books are my books,
The More we read together, the happier we’ll be.

Book 1: Tough Chicks by Cece Meng; Ill by Melissa Suber


Song: Five And Five Eggs  

Five and five eggs
Hold up hands
That makes ten
Sitting on top is mother hen
Fold one hand over the other
Crackle crackle crackle
Clap hands three times
What do I see
Fingers around eyes
Ten fluffy chickens
As yellow as can be
 Hold up ten fingers.

Book 2: Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein

Song: Farm Sounds 

(Sung to: "
Wheels on the bus")
The cow in barn goes moo, moo, moo,
Moo, moo, moo. Moo, moo, moo,
repeat
All around the farm.
The pig in the pen goes oink, oink, oink,...........
The hens in the coop go cluck..........
The lambs on the hill go baa,........
The ducks on the pond go quack......

Book 3:
I'm not reading by Jonathan Allen



Songs: 
If I Were a Farmer
(Sung to: "Did you ever see a lassie?")
Oh, if I were a farmer, a farmer, a farmer
Oh, if I were a farmer, what would I do?
I wake up with the rooster
Each morning, each morning
I’d wake up with the rooster, that's what I'd do.
Continue using:
I would feed the baby chickens
I would gather eggs for breakfast

Over In The Barnyard
(Sung to: "Down By The Station")

Over in the barnyard
Early in the morning,
See the yellow chickies
Standing in a row.
See the busy farmer
Giving them breakfast.
Cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep.
Off they go.
(Substitute other barnyard animals.


Old MacDonald Had a Farm

Ee-Aye-Ee-Aye-O
And on this farm he had a chick
Ee-Aye-Ee-Aye-O
With a peep peep, here and a peep peep there.
Here a peep, there a peep, everywhere a peep, peep.
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Ee-Aye-Ee-Aye-

And: The Chicken Dance!

This week's Craft comes from I Heart Crafty things:


Cupcake Liner Chicks

Other Recommended Reads:
Chicks Run Wild by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen; Ill by Ward Jenkins
Chicken Butt by Erica S Perl; Illustrated by Henry Cole
Five Little Chicks by Nancy Tarfuri


No comments:

Post a Comment